Our Life Together
Since 1854, St Andrew’s has played a significant role in the religious and civic life of Sheffield. Founded as a church of the Presbyterian Church of England, we stand in the Reformed tradition of Christian faith. In 1972, we became part of the United Reformed Church. Our elders share responsibility for pastoral care and leadership of the congregation and members take part in regular Church Meetings.
Our Trustees manage our governance, overseeing our policies, and the Management Team conducts our business relating to care of the buildings and secular activities.
We actively welcome St Michael’s Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church and the Jesus for all Nations Church, who share our facilities.
We have an excellent organist, Douglas Jones, and a modern digital organ. Our small choir sings at our Sunday services. Ecumenical relationships are important to us and St Andrew’s plays an active part in Churches Together in Broomhill and Broomhall (CTBB).
Room Hire: All our rooms are available for hire and are extensively used by the community during the week and at weekends (see our Conditions of Hire)