Church History

 

A HISTORY OF ST. ANDREW’S ENGLISH PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, SHEFFIELD

1853-1973

 

Foundation stone laid 10th July 1855

Opened for public worship 4th August 1856

Damaged by enemy action December 1940

Reopened 23rd June 1953

 

 

This history is incomplete in that several documents were destroyed by enemy action in December 1940 and many “Messengers” are missing.

 

Compiled by Mairi MacArthur

Edited and digitised by Victor Weiguang Li and Margaret Fall 2017

A HISTORY OF ST. ANDREW’S ENGLISH PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, SHEFFIELD

1853-1973